Teflon Gasket For Copper Nickel Alloy Pipe Line
In the shipment, offshore , chemical industry, Teflon gasket will be used in the copper nickel pipe line installation.
1.Introduction of Material – Teflon
Teflon is made of polytetrafluoroethylene polymer compounds, with excellent chemical stability, corrosion resistance (is one of the best performance of corrosion resistance material) , widely used in various needs of anti-acid and alkali and organic solvent conditions, sealing , High lubricity, non-sticky, electrical insulation and good anti-aging, wide range of usage temperature (can be at + 250 ℃ to -180 ℃ temperature long-term work).
Teflon is not toxic to humans. But ammonium perfluorooctanoate (PFOA), one of the raw materials used in the production process is thought to have carcinogenic effects.
Teflon solves many problems in shipment, chemical, oil, pharmaceutical and other areas. It has been widely used as a sealing material and filling material.
- High temperature – use operating temperature up to 250 ℃.
- Low-temperature resistance – with good mechanical toughness; even if the temperature dropped to -196 ℃, can also maintain a 5% elongation.
- Corrosion resistance – for most chemicals and solvents, showing inert, strong acid and alkali resistance, water and a variety of organic solvents.
- Resistant to climate – the best ageing life in plastics.
- High lubrication – the lowest coefficient of friction in solid materials.
- No adhesion – is the smallest surface tension in the solid material and does not adhere to any substance.
- Non-toxic – with physiological inertia, as artificial blood vessels and organs long-term implantation in the body without adverse reactions.
3.Teflon Gasket For Copper Nickel Alloy Pipe Line
Teflon as a sealing material has a variety of applications. Because of its high corrosion resistance, physical stability, high and low-temperature resistance, the achievements of its good sealing performance, in the petroleum, chemical, pharmaceutical, power, the steel industry has a wide range of applications.
Durable and reliable sealing performance; Teflon itself has the best corrosion resistance and non-aging, after a special processing, Teflon gasket has a good creep resistance and resistance to cold flow; in a wide temperature range of long-term safety Use; soft and easy to cut, can be cut by mechanical or manual, easy to install.
Appearance colour: white.
Applicable temperature: -180 ℃ -250 ℃
Applicable medium: PH 0-14